- Location: Waltham Cross, Hertfordshire
- Salary: Competitive, Working Hours: 45 hours per week which includes a 30-minute unpaid daily break. Monday to Friday, with one Sunday in 6. Various shifts available – departmental coverage 6.00am to 6.00pm.
The Supply Chain Planner is a pivotal role within the business, supporting the Head of Supply Chain with the day-to-day management of materials in line with the companies’ requirements to ensure optimum levels of availability.
- Adhere to the overall planning and forecasting strategy.
- To manage and maintain stocks of materials:
- Raising purchase orders, taking into consideration the ongoing forecast, lead times, shelf life and minimum order quantities.
- Ensure all materials are sourced through an approved supply chain.
- Challenge and analyse demand changes through the system and liaise with relevant stakeholders to minimise impact on stock control.
- Provide long and short-term reports to identify at risk materials and link to specific SKUs.
- Manage changes to plan and the impact to materials and packaging.
- Consider waste and shelf-life extensions as well as customer lead-times to ensure availability and minimise waste.
- Proactively escalate issues and concerns up through the approved procedure.
- Ensure the business has a clear understanding of what is due and when.
- Collaborate with Procurement, Sales, Operations, Logistics and Quality teams.
- Communicate with suppliers to ensure delivery requirements are met.
- Assist suppliers with booking procedures and compliance.
- Participate in daily internal communication.
- Previous work experience in supply chain environment, preferably in a FMCG environment.
- A high-level understanding of Microsoft Office, in particular Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Ability to present key data effectively and in a readily understandable manner.
- Critical thinker and problem-solving skills.
- Good time-management skills.
- Great interpersonal and communication skills.
- Ability to multitask whilst maintaining excellent attention to detail.
- Good Working with processes, SOP’s, KPI’s.
- Negotiating skills.
- Good level of numerical accuracy and reporting skills.
- Annual pay reviews
- 28 days inclusive of Bank Holidays. Holidays increase with service to 33 days.
- Retail Discount membership.
- Health Care Cash Plan membership.
- Enrolment into Pension Scheme
- Free onsite parking